Thursday, June 04, 2009

Close Encounters With Nature

I'm continuing with the leaf and bug theme and experimenting with more images. The beetle is from the UBC Spencer Entymological Museum, who allowed me free reign to photograph their specimens. I found the leaf on a recent dog walk. I liked it as it reminded me of a heart. The background is detail from one of my mixed media paintings which I scanned and manipulated in the computer.


Janet Planet Designs, digital collage
For this one, I used a weathered leaf given to me by a friend. I liked the skeletal nature of the leaf which showed lots of the vein detail but kept some of the plant material. The background is again detail from one of my mixed media paintings that I scanned and manipulated in the computer. Even output to 24" x 36" the fine detail of the leaf came through.


Janet Planet Designs, digital collage

3 comments:

Sarah Knight said...

interesting composition : )

okanagan_spirit said...

Lovely, I just tried a bit with a butterfly photo, but I'm a beginner and stilltrying to figure out Photoshop Elements.

okanagan_spirit said...

I have chosen you for the Honest Scrap award!! Because I love your blog! Please check out my blog for details!